Visiting Kuala Lumpur will give you a real sense of adventure. It has transformed into a modern city but at the same time, Kuala Lumpur has managed to keep its rich cultural and historical heritage. It is home to some of the world’s iconic landmarks and fantastic food. It was dubbed as the melting pot of cultures and traditions. If you are looking to spend a fancy weekend in Malaysia’s capital city, here are the best ways to do it:
- Book a villa with a private pool. Imagine yourself having a soothing bath while enjoying quiet time with your loved one. Nothing is more splendid than relaxing in a villa with a private pool. This is ideal for couples and families who wish to spend quality time on a weekend.
- Observe marine life at the Aquaria KLCC. There are no beaches in Kuala Lumpur but you can see marine life and animals from Malaysia and around the world at the city center when you visit this huge aquarium. This is the best place to go when you have kids. They will get to see a great range of marine life in different sizes, from fish and turtles to sharks and stingrays.
- Get a massage at the Ozmosis Health & Day Spa. This spa is extremely popular for its deep tissue massage. The massage feels so good it hurts. This is a nice way to get rid of the body’s aches and pains especially if you have sore tired muscles from a long flight.
- Shop until you drop at the Pavilion. This shopping center offers discounts to tourist. Just bring along your passport to avail the privilege card. You will find many branded stores in this mall. It’s also a nice place to visit if you are looking for Asian cuisine. It has a huge food court within the complex.
- Go on a movie night. Theaters like GSC and TGV Cinemas offer good, comfy seats. Watching movies is easier as ever because most cinemas offer booking online.
- Sign up for a food tour. The best way to experience the taste and flavors of Malaysia is by availing a culinary walking tour. There is food trail walking tours that offer a three to four-hour journey where you could taste a wide range of cuisine including Malay street food, Indian treats, Chinese food, and even sweet and savory treats.
- Chill out at the VCR café. This coffee shop boasts a great ambiance and lively interior. It is known for their serving of “The King,” or the Banana peanut butter cake. This is an ideal place to go if you want to experience dining in one of the best breakfast places in the city.
Before you go, make sure to get the facts on the local transit system, weather, and currency. As for exchanging currency, go for the moneychangers in the local shopping areas. They offer better rates than banks. It is also convenient to ride a taxi or a light rail transit when going around Kuala Lumpur.