Asian skin is much less prone to developing fine lines and wrinkles, but it’s also significantly more problematic during the teen and young adult years. That’s because Asian skin tends to be oilier and more prone to blemishes and discoloration. An Asian man’s skin can be especially difficult to care for, because they’re much less reactive to the usual skin care products and routines that are accessible to most of us. If you’re an Asian guy looking for the best way to care for your difficult skin, this short list of 6 skincare secrets for Asian men should give you that flawless glow you’ve been trying for.
- Use a Gentle Cleanser – Lots of men tend to think that the best way to achieve a clean face would be to use the most aggressive cleanser on the market, but that’s not always the case. For most men, using a gentle exfoliating cleanser is the best choice because it reduces the amount of damage that other cleansers are known to cause. Steer clear of options that are too fragrant and leave the skin too dry. Instead, opt for a neutral cleanser with no scent for optimum cleanliness.
- Moisturize Right After – When you leave a pair of leather shoes untreated, they will crack and break with even the slightest exposure to sun and heat. Be sure to moisturize your face with a good skin moisturizer for men, and avoid anything that isn’t particularly formulated for guy’s faces. Other products tend to make skin too oily, which can cause an unsightly shine to develop throughout the day.
- Use Under Eye Serum – The region under men’s eyes tends to get much darker than their female counterparts. Stress and constant computer use are common culprits for the unsightly dark circles. To prevent those eye bags from becoming too prominent, use a powerful under eye serum and apply it generously under the eyes.
- Touch Up with Toner – Throughout the day, you may notice some oil and dirt accumulating all over your face. Some choose to leave it until night time when they get home, but if you want to get rid of that filth without having to wait for the end of your shift, consider taking some toner in your tote with you. Gently wipe away any oil or dirt that may have accumulated during the day and keep your face clean and fresh no matter what the hour.
- Apply SPF – If you’re stepping out for more than 30 minutes, you should be sure to apply SPF generously to protect your skin from sun damage. Because Asian skin is particularly prone to sun damage, be sure to use the most powerful SPF protection you can find. Apply it generously across all areas of your face and body that will be exposed to the sun when you step out.
- Refresh with Mist – Once your routine is done, try out a scented water mist to refresh your skin and keep it hydrated. This also helps clear out any excess product so your skin doesn’t feel too heavy while you go about your day. An organic oil infused water mist will help keep you refreshed, and will give you the perfect scent without having to spray yourself with colognes that are often too aggressive and too strong.
Caring for Asian skin is tough, but caring for Asian skin on a man can be even harder. Achieve the perfect skin and get that glow you’ve been wanting all these years! Try these 6 skincare tips for Asian men, and you’re in on the secret of how the rest of the guys get their flawless look.