More than just Malaysia’s capital city, Kuala Lumpur (fondly known as KL) has emerged as one of the top tourist destinations in Southeast Asia. Travelers from around the world come flocking to this bustling metropolitan region to soak in the sights of soaring skyscrapers and historic structures, in addition to embracing Malaysians’ favorite pastimes – eating and shopping.
As there’s plenty of things to see and do, KL is becoming a desired getaway for honeymooners too. With various types of accommodation available, searching for a romantic hotel in KL is fairly easy. Make your trip to KL a memorable one – here are the Top 5 must-visit places and activities in this tropical city.
- Sky-High Fine Dining An amorous escapade is incomplete without a romance-filled evening. Impress your significant other with an elegant dinner for two at Cantaloupe at Troika Sky Dining. Located at the 23rd floor of The Troika, its food selections are influenced by French, Italian, Spanish, and Greek flavors. As the restaurant features floor-to-ceiling glass windows, you and your sweetheart can marvel at the magnificent view of beautiful KL city while savoring delectable fusion cuisines and handcrafted coffees.
- Sunset-Watching A beach is not the only dreamy spot to catch the sunset – try doing so from a helipad! If you like sunsets and picturesque skylines, Heli Lounge Bar at Menara KH offers the perfect setting for you and your partner to watch the sun go down. With gorgeous evening skies as the backdrop, this place is also perfect for taking Instagram-worthy photos and having deep conversations with fancy drinks in hand.
- Fun for All Treat yourself and your loved one to a luxurious hotel experience at Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa. Situated in Bandar Sunway, Petaling Jaya, this 5-star hotel is 25 minutes away from Kuala Lumpur. A popular resort among couples and families alike, you can expect nothing but top-notch services and facilities here. With the Mandara Spa within its vicinity and quick access to Sunway Pyramid mall and Sunway Lagoon theme park, there is something fun for everyone!
- Meet Some Feathered Friends Nature-loving couples will surely appreciate a trip to the Kuala Lumpur Bird Park. Hailed as the largest covered bird park in the world, it houses over 3,000 birds from 200 various species found worldwide. The park is separated into different sections according to species, however, the birds fly freely within their respective aviaries. Take a romantic stroll on the tiled walkways and be amazed with the sights of colorful feathered creatures and landscaped gardens. This park offers other family-friendly facilities such as a playground, exercise stations, and rowing boats.
- Going French When it comes to romance, one will think of Paris, France. Maison Francaise at Jalan Changkat Kia Peng is the closest you can get to the city of love. Set in a quaint European-style three-storey bungalow, this restaurant exudes sophistication with its black-and-white interior, crystal chandeliers, and paintings of French artistes adorning its walls. You’ll be treated to a sumptuous feast featuring French classics with a twist. Complement your fine dining experience with some fine wine – take your pick from over 150 premium French wines available.
With an eclectic mix of natural attractions, unique cultural architectures, sky-high buildings, and good food, this lively city is worth exploring with your loved ones. Kuala Lumpur is truly a city that never sleeps.