In the cosmetic world, beauty is everything, and everybody wants to look their best. But every cosmetic therapy, like Botox Cosmetic, requires more care and treatment from a skilled dermatologist to avoid any alarming side effects. Botox is a purified protein referred as botulinum toxin type A, acquired from a type of bacteria. Its purpose is to relax the muscle area through blocking nerve impulses that cause contractions, mix expressions, and soft wrinkles. In therapeutic treatment, Botox is used to treat conditions like excessive sweating and cerebral palsy. Research also suggests that the treatment may also help lighten a person’s mood.
Thinking of getting Botox treatment? Here are 5 top essentials that can help you find the right clinic for your skin needs
- Make sure your practitioner is highly experienced. Your dermatologist you intend to get Botox injections from should be highly experienced and a reputable medical professional. This is because he or she will have the right equipment and sufficient knowledge in case something goes wrong. Many cases have been reported where a semi-skilled person has issued the wrong combination of Botox treatment to a patient. And within a few weeks, the patient begins to show side effects from the drug. To avoid such a shocking experience, first do some underground check on your surgeon. Has he or she been charged with any malpractice or incompetence issue? Does he or she have any proven record that assures of their competence? Such questions will make you find a highly qualified skin expert who is good at what they do.
- Follow your surgeon’s pre- and post-injection prescription carefully. You need to be fully aware of the rules and regulations that medical aesthetic services adhere to, particularly for injection treatments. In many countries, including Malaysia, injectable treatments are provided only by a highly experienced physician. The practitioner should first assess a patient to determine whether such treatment is suitable for them. In case any complication occurs, the physician should have the sufficient knowledge on how a patient should recover from any potential harm. Follow the prescription given by the doctor carefully to not put your life at risk, or tarnish his or her career.
- Inform your surgeon about any health problems you may have. Before going for Botox Cosmetic, it’s important you tell your doctor about any health complications you may have. This information will help them recommend you the right dose. Also alert your doctor of any medications, herbal preparations, or any other supplements you’re taking to avoid the occurrence of severe side effects. Also mention to your doctor whether you’ve taken any injected antibiotics, sleeping pills, or any other drug for the sake of your health.
- Report all side effects. Just like any other drug, Botox users sometimes may experience some side effects from the drug. Common side effects that affect most patients include bruising and swelling. You’re supposed to report to your doctor immediately your body begins to show any symptoms, especially those that don’t seem to fade. Though it’s rarely reported, a dreaded combination of Botox travels through the body’s fatty tissue to areas it wasn’t intended. This causes some muscles of the eyelid to swell, leading to ptosis (droopy eye). Sometimes the muscles may move the eyeball, causing double vision in a patient. These symptoms, however, fade on their own after two weeks. Make sure to report to your physician if the symptoms become persistent and don’t seem to go away.
- Be careful having Botox injections at a “Botox party.” A Botox party in a medical setting, like in an experienced doctor’s house, isn’t such a bad idea. But the situation becomes less fun when random groups of people think they can administer shots of Botox injections to people at parties. You need to ascertain you’re in a medical setting where any alarming side effects or complications can be checked immediately. Each prescription drug, including Botox, should be conducted under the guidance of a highly qualified practitioner and in a proper professional setting. Visit the official Botox website for more information on Botox injections.
Botox Cosmetic therapy is used for the occasional smoothing of frown lines, mostly lines between your eyebrows that make someone appear tired or angry. It’s also used to eliminate forehead lines and marionette lines that appear at the corners of the mouth and around the lips. And just like any other beauty therapy treatment, people should be careful where they go to get Botox treatment to avoid unpleasant symptoms. It’s important to ensure you’re getting treatment from a highly experienced dermatologist, highly respected in his or her medical profession. Following the tips shared in this guide can help you find a reputable clinic tailored to address any of your skin needs. Your skin safety needs should come first, not the opposite!