Anyone who’s ever had to deal with acne, knows it can be quite a frustrating experience. After trial after trial of over the counter acne treatment products, only to be left with empty promises or acne that reoccurs, it can leave you feeling hopeless. Not to mention, once you finally do succeed at eliminating your acne, you can often be left with unsightly scars that lasts for years.
Acne generally occurs when hormones cause an overproduction of sebum, or oil, in the skin glands, causing the pores to become clogged with more oil, faster than the skin cells can get rid of. Once the wall of the pore ruptures, it can cause swelling, redness and pus and can also cause whiteheads and blackheads. Picking at the lesions can spread bacteria, which can lead to inflammation and permanent scarring. Acne can occur anywhere throughout the body including face, neck, chest and back.
If you suffer from acne or acne scarring, these tips on how to eliminate acne and acne scarring will help you reveal your best skin.
Obagi Professional Strength Skin Care Products
If you suffer from acne scarring, there are a number of professional products on the market designed to help. Obagi in Malaysia offers a professional line of scar treatment products that go deep into the dermal layer to treat acne scarring at the source. Most products contain professional strength hydroquinone or vitamin c as the active ingredient and can be used to treat acne scars, age spots, uneven skin, stretch marks and more.
Professional Laser Treatment for Acne Scars
Lasers safely treat acne and with fast results. Lasers precision controlled light energy permeates deep into the skin to target overactive oil glands to reduce oil and eliminate the risk of developing new acne. Laser treatments also speed up the healing process as well as stimulates collagen production, an important factor in the treatment of long-term acne. There are various types of laser treatments for acne scars, consult with an aesthetic clinic in Malaysia to determine the best treatment for you.
Other Helpful Tips for Treating Acne
- Make lifestyle changes-certain foods may trigger acne breakouts, so it’s best to learn them, then avoid them. Studies suggest that adding foods such as whole grains, beans and vegetables to your diet can help prevent acne breakouts.
- Do not pick, scratch or squeeze the lesions, as this can lead to permanent scarring.
- Wash your face two times a day, using a gentle cleanser to prevent oil build up.
- Do not scrub your face, such as with a sponge or harsh washcloth, as scrubbing can irritate the skin and worsen your breakout.
- Use a topical astringent after washing to remove excess oil.
- Select the proper skin care products for your skin type. Consult with an aesthetic clinic in Malaysia for the best professional acne products for you.
The latest advancements in acne treatments help ensure that acne is not a problem in your life. With professional scar treatment products like Obagi and laser treatments for acne, you can have the healthy, fresh, smooth glowing skin you’ve always wanted!