After a long day at work, most of us would just like to go straight to bed, or play with our phones for a little while before bedtime. We’re so tired that doing a nighttime skin regimen is as challenging as hiking up a mountain.
But think of the glowing, healthy amazing-looking skin that you’re going to have if you do these 10 bedtime rituals on a nightly basis:
- Ice your skinSkin icing is basically rubbing ice on your skin. To tighten your skin, do this at least once a week, but make sure you avoid rubbing on sensitive areas. If you can, try to use micro fibres towel when dabbing your face to avoid premature skin wrinkling.
- Dab your face with facial essence or serumYou may or may not require using facial essence or serum depending on your skin type. However, a facial essence helps in providing added hydration to your skin.
- Clean your face with tonerYou should always remove dirt on your skin, and toner is one of the best products to use for that particular purpose. Make sure that you’re doing it the right way when applying toner on your skin, by swiping your face gently with a soft cotton pad in a downward motion. Never do it from the bottom-up as it’ll get dirt into the pores of your skin. Also, you can prevent your skin from premature sagging with less pressure when swiping toner on face.
- Use night creamNight creams are probably one of the greatest inventions ever made for beauty lovers and those who care about their appearances. Not only do night creams function in many different ways, they could also be used during day time. The best night cream helps your skin go into repair mode, deflects potential damages caused by your surroundings (i.e. irritants), blends well with makeup, and hydrates your skin, among other things!
- Humidify your bedroomIf you’re way too tired to work on a beauty ritual before bedtime, simply turn on the humidifier in your room. When we sleep, our body temperature rises, leading to the loss of moisture. Humidifiers help with keeping the air moist in a dry environment, preventing us from premature ageing.
- Drink waterDrinking water could hydrate the skin and helps with expelling toxins in the body, which is part of a good beauty ritual. Eight glasses of water is recommended daily.
- Apply petroleum jellyPetroleum jelly is not only a multitasking product (it makes your lips supple and removes eye makeup efficiently), it’s also non-allergenic and inexpensive. For those who are prone to breakouts, apply jelly on your lips or body instead of on your face.
- Apply toothpaste on pimple If you’re going to brush your teeth, take this time to also apply some of the toothpaste on your pesky pimples. Since some toothpaste contains alcohol and menthol, it helps to dry out pimples, reducing more appearances of them. Apply a small amount of toothpaste on pimples and leave it until you wake up in the morning.
- Spray moisturising facial mistIf you’re thinking of skipping the night cream, spray your face with a moisturising facial mist instead. To get beautiful skin, your skin needs to stay hydrated at night, so the facial mist helps to moisturise the skin, and less complicated to use too!
- Get a hot, steamy showerBefore you get to bed, step inside a hot, steamy shower for a couple of minutes before you start washing your face. Don’t wash your face with the hot water as it’ll scald your skin. Instead, expose your face to the hot steam as it’ll open up your pores, making it easier to remove dirt later.
Try one of these if you’re too lazy or tired, or some of these if you’re up for it. You might see a difference in your skin within a month or two if you do it on a regular basis.